What's your first-generation story?
Do you want to share your story on our website or do you know someone who should be featured here? Or, perhaps you know someone (or an entire program or department) who is making a difference for first-generation students at the University of Iowa? If so, contact email@example.com with your story!
Want more stories? The University of Iowa is compiling stories from some of our first-generation students. Click on the links below to read each one.
- Armando Revelez, Exploring the mystery behind how things work
- Christopher Vazquez, Helping students find their community and voices
- Dominique Badajoz, Exploring her roots while finding a career
- Eddie Ponce, Against the odds, Ponce follows his passion with purpose
- Elizabeth Folkers, Finding opportunity and a place that feels like home
- Gabriella Estlund, Telling stories with the click of a camera
- Zahra Aalabdulrasul, Senior Zahra Aalabdulrasul reimagines scope of inclusion initiatives in business (The Daily Iowan, May 2020)