What does research tell us about first-generation students?
- First-Generation Students Struggle with Finances, Unsafe Environments, Online Learning Amid Pandemic, New Report Finds (National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators, Spring 2020 SERU Report)
- A Review and Comparison of First-Generation Student Experiences to Selected SERU Survey Questions (University of Iowa, Office of Assessment, 2016 SERU Survey Administration)
- University of Iowa Libraries First Generation@Iowa Scholarly Records and Collections
- The Activities, Roles, and Relationships of Successful First-Generation College Students (Journal of College Student Development, January 2017)
- Connecting in Class? College Class Size and Inequality in Academic Social Capital (The Journal of Higher Education, October 2016)
- First-Generation and Continuing-Generation College Students: A Comparison of High School and Postsecondary Experiences (U.S. Department of Education Stats in Brief, September 2017)
- Academic Engagement Differences: 2016 SERU Preliminary First Generation Differences (The University of Iowa Office of Assessment, 2016)